8-channel remote-controlled mic pre and A/D for Dante networks
RedNet MP8R is an 8-channel remote-controlled microphone preamplifier and A/D for the Dante audio-over-IP network, designed specifically for the live sound/recording and broadcast environments, and other workflows where reliability is paramount, with Ethernet and power supply redundancy. The MP8R features eight high-quality remote-controlled mic preamps developed specifically for the RedNet range, and backed by thirty years of mic preamplifier development. Each preamp has a dual input impedance of 10k or 2.4k ohms, allowing flexibility when running multiple mic pres in parallel. The device includes eight auxiliary outputs with automatic DSP-based gain tracking for digital “splits”. Following the mic pres are eight channels of Focusrite’s legendary high-precision A/D converters, operating at up to 192kHz/24-bit with minimum latency and offering class-leading dynamic range and overall performance. The MP8R features a rugged, roadworthy exterior and high internal build quality. In addition, the unit offers a compact 1U rack-mount form factor.
- Built-in redundancy with dual power and network connections
- Rugged roadworthy all-metal construction, high build quality, locking power and etherCON Ethernet connectors
- Eight Focusrite remote-controlled preamps with enhanced input level capability, and dual input impedance to deliver maximum performance when one mic feeds single or multiple pres
- Two outputs from each preamp: one direct and the other automatically gain-compensated to deliver a constant level
- Remote-controllable Gain, Phantom Power and High-Pass Filter from Yamaha CL and QL Series Consoles.
- 20dB pad, HPF and polarity inversion per input
- Operate locally, or remotely via RedNet Control software, Pro Tools, MIDI or OCA (Open Control Architecture – available 2015 via firmware update)
- Precision low-latency conversion at up to 24-bit/192kHz, with best-in-class dynamic range and overall audio quality
- 6-segment LED level meters; OLED display indicates input gain and system information
- Compact 1U form factor
- Full interoperability with other Dante products and networks
- Comprehensive remote control software with powerful graphic user interface